On 23rd April 2019, Lieutenant Colonel Khalid Taimur Akram, (Retd) – Executive Director CGSS attended the First Council meeting of Belt and Road News Network (BRNN) in Beijing, China. CGSS was invited by the Chinese Government to be part of Belt and Road News Network (BRNN). The meeting was graced by His Excellency Mr. Huang Kunming – Member of Political Bureau, Member of the Secretariat and Head of the Publicity Department, Communist Party of China (CPC), Central Committee, China. The BRNN platform is being arranged in Beijing, China from 23rd to 26th April. On the first day, following work plan for the year (2019 – 2020) was adopted:
1. To include more members and expand the Network; to hold the BRNN’s General Assembly and the Media Cooperation Forum on Belt and Road.
2. To start the Silk Road International News Awards.
3. To enrich the contents and improve user interaction on the BRNN official website and mobile platform, and launch version 2.0.
4. To organize cross-border joint reporting trips regarding the Belt and Road Initiative.
5. To organize journalist workshops or training projects.
6. To support bilateral and multilateral cooperation among BRNN members.